Caller experience can make or break your company’s reputation. A professionally voiced and produced on-hold messaging and voice prompt system will ensure a pleasant telephone exchange for your callers. Both systems have different features and structures. So, what is the difference between voice prompts and on-hold messaging?
On-hold messaging services are a specialist area of marketing and branding. It is used by businesses to deliver information to their callers while they are waiting, whether on hold or to be transferred. Simply said, it is a recording, and unlike voice prompts, does not ask for feedback. Other features include:
- It is a passive listening experience (no interactivity)
- It does not help callers navigate through an automated phone system
- It focuses primarily on content
- It uses music and social media to encourage a call to action
- It provides more in-depth and entertaining content
- It is an opportunity to help retain customers
- It is an opportunity to share valuable information about your business (company information, products, services, promotions, events, even fun and entertaining content)
- It is a cost-effective marketing tool
- It can help turn curious callers into paying customers
- It is a valuable link in the call processing chain
- It continues to loop in the event a caller is on hold for an extended period
Voice prompts, also known as interactive voice response (IVR) systems, respond to digital input from the caller, like pressing a number or speaking a word. Typical input data would be “please press 1 for orders”.
Voice prompts are used to:
- Greet callers
- Allow them to choose a preferred language
- Route them to the proper extension or department
- Give basic information (such as businesses location and hours)
- Allow them to leave a voicemail
Voice prompt systems are especially useful for large companies or call centers that have many departments and handle a large influx of calls.
Why Choose On-Hold Technologies?
Don’t think you should have to choose between a voice prompt and an on-hold messaging system – you can have the best of both worlds. On-Hold Technologies, an on-hold messaging company with more than 24 years award-winning industry experience, will help you to integrate a professionally voiced and produced voice prompt and on hold messaging service as part of your overall marketing plan. Contact us today to learn more.