What’s the price? Many companies in this industry will just quote you a price without asking relevant questions, hoping to come in the cheapest. If you truly appreciate the value of on-hold advertising, want the best marketing results possible and the most pleasant customer experience, one size does not fit all. There are a variety of factors to consider:
How long should my recording be?
- How long is the typical caller on hold?
- If they’re on hold longer than your typical caller, how long might that be? When a caller hears the same message they heard when they were first placed on hold, the first thing that goes through their mind is: “I’ve been on hold forever.”
- Will the on-hold message unicast or multicast (start at the beginning each time or start in a different paragraph)?
How often should I have the message updated?
- How often do the same customers call?
- How often do you introduce new products?
- Are your services seasonal or change with calendar quarters?
- Do you have upcoming special events, trade shows or holidays?
- Do you have off-season or holiday promotions?
- Would you like to create a warm-and-fuzzy relationship with a holiday recording that will enhance customer retention efforts?